We recommend that you discuss your requirements with us prior to booking.
None of the accommodation at St Margaret’s Park has been adapted for guests with disabilities. Some of the lodges offer level access and parking alongside where others on the hillside and are accessed via steps with handrails leading from the gravelled car park. We recommend that you discuss your requirements with us prior to booking.
Roads & Paths
- The main road through the park is of tarmac construction with speed ramps and is reasonably lit.
- The car parks and parking bays are gravelled.
- The pathways to the bungalows are of concrete or gravel construction and reasonably lit.
Arrival & Reception
- There is a 6 car gravelled parking bay for reception visitors at the edge of the main drive.
- From the parking area to reception is a sloped path with incline, a distance of 30 meters.
- Reception has a 75cm wide entrance door with a 20cm step.
- The counter is 1m high.
- There is a doorbell outside reception (1.2 m high) to attract attention when the door is locked at night.
- Due to the nature of the park setting some of the lodges are on level ground with level access via a concrete path but some are on the hillside accessed by upto 24 steps with handrails from the gravelled car park.
- Some lodges have gravelled or tarmac parking spaces alongside them whilst others have parking close by in the gravelled car park.
- All of the lodges have 70cm wide doors throughout, with the exception of the ‘Type E’ lodges which have double patio doors (55cm wide extending to 1.1m wide when opening the second door) with ramped access from outside into the twin bedded room and a 80cm wide door into the cloakroom (wc and had wash basin) and a 80cm wide door into the kitchen/living room.
- All lodges have bathroom sink heights of 82cm.
- All lodges have a cooker height of 90cm.
- All lodges have a kitchen worktop height of 90cm.
- All double beds are 1.35m wide and single/bunk beds are 92cm wide.
- Some lodges have limited spacing around the beds.
- We request that guests refrain form smoking inside the accommodation.
- We allow one large dog or two small dogs in a limited number of lodges.
- As the many of the lodges are of an individual design and layout we recommend you contact us by telephone or email to discuss your requirements.
- The Laundry is alongside reception and is accessed via the same sloped path with incline from the main drive and reception parking area.
- The door into the laundry room is 75cm wide with a 20cm step.
- The floor space of the laundry is 1.7m by 2m.
- The front loading washing machines have a loading height of 40cm.
- The front loading tumble driers have a loading height of 1.3m.
- A 75cm wide doorway leads into a small room (1.4m by 1.8m) with a deep sink for hand washing which is 90cm high.
- A 75cm doorway leads into the cloakroom (70cm by 1.7m) with a toilet and hand wash basin which is 80cm high.
- The dog walk is accessed from the main driveway via a part gravel/part concrete level path and wooden bridge with handrails (1.2m wide).
- There is a 1.1m wide gate into the dog walk area, the gate is 65cm high.
- The main dog walk field is level from where there are 3 steps up the grass bank onto a slightly uneven grass/dirt path which is narrow in places and leads around the perimeter of the holiday park.
Garden Games Area
- The garden games area is on level ground and is gravelled.
- The garden games area is accessed from the main driveway via a part gravel/part concrete level path and 1.2m wide wooden bridge with handrails.
- Seating (benches) are provided in the garden games area.
- There is access from this area onto the level, grassed play area and a gravel path onto the play area.
- The play area can be accessed via the garden games area or can be accessed from the main driveway via a short concrete path and 1.6m wide wooden bridge with handrails which leads directly onto the grass.
- The play area is level and grassed, except for the area around the play equipment which consists of bark chippings held in place by a 5cm to 20cm high wooden surround.
- Seating (benches) are provided around the play area.
- The grassed area can become boggy during wet periods.
- Mobile telephone coverage can be poor in certain areas of the park.
- Emergency telephone number: (01726) 74283.
- Mobility hire, sales and repairs: The Mobility Centre, 68 Victoria Road, St.Austell, Telephone (01726) 74156.
- Local accessible taxi: Yeo’s Taxi (01726) 81409.